Don't Miss Our Coming Events:
A Short History of South Bristol
A reprint from the original mimeographed version of Mr. Gamage's history of the town, originally published by the Union Church of South Bristol in the 1950's
Nelson Gamage was a Civi War Veteran, the town's second postmaster, serving for nine years, and proprietor of the Summit House. The Summit House was built by Mr Gamage in 1892 and was probably the first hotel in South Bristol. Sitting atop the hill just south of the village, it had more than twenty rooms and a commanding view of the Damariscotta River and John's Bay from its cupola. A fire destroyed the Summit Hose on June 7, 1918.
PRICE: $6 each including sales tax:
ADD $5 for mailing.